As I write this message my outdoor thermometer says it’s 7 degrees. It’s been a pretty strange summer so far. Everything is delayed but thanks to the abundant rains, what is up is incredibly lush.
This weekend is our County Blooms Garden Show and our Garden Tour!
County Blooms is on Saturday, June 15th from 10 to 3 in Wellington, at the Town Hall, the St. Andrews church and on the CML Snider School grounds.
There will be a:
- Judged Flower Show, yes, some flowers are in bloom!
- Kids’ Activities, we will be painting rocks to help identify and protect ground nesting bees.
- Book Sale, lots of gardening books and vintage Harrowsmith magazines
- Silent Auction, many items to bid on including Carson Arthur’s new book, a foot massage, unique planters filled with herbs, books, bird feeders, gardening gift baskets, a certificate to High Tea at the Waring House and many more.
- Plant Sale, over a dozen heritage tomato varieties, herbs and garden treasures
- Garden Bistro, serving homemade quiche (Lorraine, smoked salmon & leek and broccoli & cheddar cheese) with a salad and homemade dessert and drink. All this for $8.00
- 10 Vendors, selling soaps, lip balms and creams, garden ornaments (all beautifully handcrafted), plants and an arborist.
As you can see there’s a little something for everyone. And there’s even the Wellington Farmer’s market across the street!
The Garden Tour is on Sunday, June 16th from 10 to 4.
· We have some new exciting gardens this year and some returning favorites.
· Tickets are on sale at Books & Company and will be available at the County Blooms Garden Show.
· Sandbanks is offering a free tasting when you show your map/ticket!
· Waring House is offering High Tea from 2 to 5 for $25.00.
So a very exciting weekend! Looking forward to seeing you all!
We do have a Members meeting this month. It’s on Monday, June 24th , 7 pm at the old Fire Hall, 2nd floor. Please note the day change.
Our guest speakers will be, Sam Shephard, from Picton Physiotherapy will show us how to garden safely.
Denise Galloway from Heron House studio will do a small gardening yoga session.
Dr. Anne Uings representing the Bay of Quinte and Area Lyme Support Group will talk about living with Lyme disease.
And don’t forget the members pot luck dinner on Saturday, August 24th at my home. More details to come!